"I woke up one day
from the ignorant life I had led
I realized that you don't always get what you want
that you can't control
others behaviors
that sooner or later
they
will leave"
"I woke up and realized
that I had taken advantage
of what was kindly given to me
how I had ignored
the best thing i had
how I had teased and laughed at
the one who truly cared"

"Reality hit...
it shattered me to a million pieces
broke apart my soul
as i longed for another chance...
a few more days, hours
one more minute
and i'd be glad
for I had ignored for so long
the only older brother I had"
"now I regret
the choices i've made
as I look back and see
all the times he stood up for me
and all the times....
i made fun of him"
"I couldn't see
how much he cared for me
how he'd die----to keep me safe
how he only wanted
what was best ---for me"
"he was always there....always
yet i didnt' seem to care
but now i do
he was and still is the best brother
one who is willing ot put his life on the line...
just for me."
"he understood my mixed emotions
and broken heart
he felt the pain i carried each day
he always knew
somehow he knew
that i was not okay
and he'd hug me
kiss my forehead
hold me in his arms and tell me "i love you"
he was just what i needed
right when I needed it
and when tears would pour from my eyes
he'd FIND me
and hold me tight
and tell me everything would be alright
he's MY brother
my beloved brother
and words cannot express the love I have for him."
Josh and Jess (October 2008)
0 comments:
Post a Comment