Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

Under Construction

Tonight a complete stranger took one look at me and said "You're a writer aren't you? You stand there quietly, taking everything in. You don't say much do you? But I bet you've got a lot to say. I can't wait to read your book"

Honestly, I didn't know how to respond. I kind of blushed a little, acted quite surprised by this and hurried on with my roomies. I mean, how do you respond to something like that? I don't know the guy, sure my roomie did but I don't. He graduated from my college and all, but that was quite a long time ago. Or at least, it sure seems like it.

I know I do have a lot to say, a lot I want to get out. I know that writing has always been my thing and that I could help people. That I could word things in such a way that it would just you know, click. But I don't know how to start. How does one start writing such a thing? I opened a word document but the blankness, the empty white space before me. How do I even begin to fill such a thing? How can I change the course of someone's life, change their thoughts, their ideas, their values when I myself am still under construction?

I know for a fact that I have a lot of work that needs doing, lots of projects in the works, and several areas of my life that are still blocked off by police tape--things that seriously need investigating. This isn't easy, I mean people think that going to a Bible college would mean everything's sunshine and rainbows when it comes to relationships with God. But it's not. In fact, it's probably harder than other things just because you are constantly under attack--spiritually. I've had some rough spots these past few months, this blog holds the proof.

Speaking of which, why did I even get on this thing? To see what it is I have written to begin with. To see where I've come from, to see where I'm headed.

Crap--Carter's falling asleep on my floor. Poor guy is exhausted. Just got back from Nigeria this afternoon. Praise the Lord, he's finally found his own calling. PTL--he's finally back home, safe and sound.

0 comments:

Post a Comment