Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Clumsy 'Ole Me

Ouch.

I stabbed myself...with a fork. Honestly it's quite embarrassing. But it's the truth. I wouldn't try to lie to you...or would I? ;) Basically all the blame can be traced back to the fact that I suck at cooking. I honestly do. The campers pretend to enjoy my desserts, but I've seen the slop bucket. I know where 3/4 of it ends up. And it is not pretty. (Oh the slop bucket, a camp favorite among the lovely little children :) Rotting orange peels, watermelon rinds, outdated cottage cheese, leftover macaroni, soggy french toast. It has quite the "aroma") Due to my lack of cooking skills, I over cooked a tray of brownies. The tiny square hockey pucks also managed to stick their obnoxious little bodies to my lovely tray-removal was near impossible.

Thinking I was "all that" I grabbed a fork and headed over to the tray no one else wanted to touch. Placing my fork a fair distance from the brownie, I prepared to jam it underneath and remove the offending brownie.

Needless to say, I missed. And hit the base of my thumb, right in the crease. Right near all those veins. The protrusion was actually quite impressive and I couldn't get the blood to stop squirting out. Thankfully "Super Nurse Murfs" was there to save the day. He bandaged my hand and left it look quite worse than it actually was. And, it is quite obvious. Its no fun having to tell people that I stabbed myself with a fork. I look like a fool for it.

But that's just the lot I've got to live with. Fun :P

0 comments:

Post a Comment