This is College
I've gone through so many odd, weird, interesting, different things lately that it's almost become common. When things go as planned, now that's just weird. That's something that NEEDS to be discussed. But what I now consider normal, common, typical-those are the things people want to hear about. Cause while it's normal for me, it's not for them. So what has happened that needs to be shared?
I met Edward Cullen. In real life-his name is Jake. How ironic is that?
I learned that Carter has a very low tolerance for drugs :)
I learned that skipping class results in low grades.
I figured out that if you don't emerge from your apartment in more than 36 hours-then you're a hermit by default.
I've been called "baby" by old men in hotel rooms.
I've been stuck at work at the end of the day, with no ride home.
I've ruined surprise birthday gifts.
I've gone to Walmart alone at midnight for toilet paper.
I've been approached by an old man in a Walmart parking lot for gas money.
I lost $20 in tip money-I don't know how. I totally cried all the way home after that, frustrated and confused.
I've laid in bed sobbing.
I've stared at a picture of my "nieces" for hours, trying to not cry.
I stood at the head of the tub, and used the shower head to spray it down.
I wanted to cut my feet off to stop the pain after spending an entire day standing at work.
I fell on my bed, in my work clothes, and passed out in a second.
I spent 2.5 hours reading a tiny 50 page book on the 3 fold nature of man.
I have peed in the bathroom while my roommates were in there. They're trying to break me in.
I shared my poetry with my roommate.
I danced and sang praises to God after an amazing night at church.
I watched as God moved in my roommate's lives.
I sat on the kitchen floor for 2 hours when my roommates fought with each other in the living room. this was my 2nd day at school.
I have been body slammed in my bed twice by a roommate.
I have taught myself how to cook via Google.
I learned that my roommates don't know to survive without a microwave.
I learned that sharing food isn't always a good idea.
I learned that if you don't do dishes they pile up.
I learned that said dishes attract bugs.
I learned that if you leave a damp towel on the counter top for a long time-said bugs will mate underneath it.
I finally understand how my family felt about the litter box.
I finally appreciate my little brother.
I was pranked my cousin and his roommates-they called and told me a murderer was on the loose and knocking on random people's doors. Said guys-then came and knocked on my door all creepily like.
I took a shower at the gym because ours was broken.
I have a friend who likes to pretend his Moses and leading his people out of exile/exhalation. Once free of the mass of people trying to exit, we then promptly complain. :)
I have 13 books due by November 10th, I've read one.
I ran to walmart at midnight for ice cream and cookie dough.
I went to an expensive hair cutting salon and was pampered for the day.
I've rolled hundreds of silverware for work.
I watched as one of the kittens popped on of my roommates faces.
I played hide and seek in the park at 2am.
I colored princesses and fish just for the fun of it.
I made breakfast for my roommates' birthday.
I have yet to be late for work.
I took off one of my socks because it matched the other one. I physically could not live with myself for wearing it.
I walked to Wendy's with a group of people at 2am because we were hungry.
Yep, this is College.
0 comments:
Post a Comment