Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Where has my life gone?

Time.

It's passing me by, faster than I would like. I look back on my life, on the years I've spent and what memories do I have? I've always waited until I was older, more mature to start having fun. What I didn't realize was that my life was wasting away. I live my life without any form of true fun, I have no memories to look back on and laugh about. Where did my childhood go, where did the fun and excitement, the carefree, reckless teenage years...where did they disappear to?

Now, now I'm all...adultish. I'm responsible and mature, not because I choose to be. But because I have to be. I can't just blow 40 bucks at the mall, I have to save it for tuition and rent. I can't just eat out everyday after school, I need to budget that money to help pay my way home for Thanksgiving. I have to get up and force myself to go to school and to work because...well heck, I'm PAYING for this school, why skip it? And I have to go to work because I need the money. I wish I could go to work because I enjoyed it, but alas---i'm not there yet. I know someday I will be, but that's not yet.

Sigh. Everything's not yet. That's all I've told myself since I was a kid "Not yet" and now. Now I look back and I feel like I've wasted my life away.

Being an adult isn't any fun. And to think, I was excited about coming down here and being an adult. Apparently, I didn't know what I had when I had it. How many people can say the same? Probably too many.

0 comments:

Post a Comment