Cannot Escape
Memories torture my mind
As I battle to forget
The pain wells up inside
Overflowing into my daily life
Why can’t i
Just leave it all behind
I cannot escape
Sleep fills my head with dread
Day light keeps me wondering why
I’m left with no escape
My heart turns to rock
As I try to forget
I push others out
To scared to get hurt again
So much pain, so much hurt
My life could be made of stone
Like ancient remenants of the past
I cannot run fast enough
To escape the pain that pursues me
The memories that chase me
Problems I’m too scared to face
Invade my life
Overthrowing the small remains
Of the old me
I just can’t run fast enough
Pull me to the ground
Rip out my soul
Take away the pain
I don’t want to hurt anymore
For this is one battle
That I will never win
My mind is too far gone
There is no more
Coming back
Forget it
Cause I am done
What’s the point
In trying to smile
Trying to hide
All that pain inside
No one will notice
They never do
So let it all out
Stop trying so dang hard
Fore you can’t win
Not this time
Not anymore
I cannot escape
Nightmares torture me day and night
Worry fills my soul
Every breath I take
Seems like a waste
What’s the point
I cannot escape
The lights already passed
And the tunnel is dark
No way out
Cause the way is blocked
By these dark memories
I cannot escape
0 comments:
Post a Comment