Glimpses of what goes on in my complicated mind-the puzzle pieces that make up my life.
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
The Gift
I was given a gift, but what did I do with it? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I never used it to glorify him, I never thanked the one who had given it to me. Instead I used it to argue with him, to show how far I had fallen away from him. I used it as an escape from reality. A way to run away from all the pain and anger I felt, not just towards him, but towards the world. I never thanked him for it, and always complained about it. Constantly saying how much I failed at it. How I wish I was better, how I wish I had a different gift. But no, you can't change your gift. You can't get rid of it, hide it, trade it in for a better one. Nope, you just have to learn to accept what he gave you. And that's exactly what I'm trying to do. I know I'm not perfect, I know I make mistakes. But at least I'm trying. You have to give me that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment