Before you start yelling at me for using that line incorrectly, please know that I have taken Shakespeare and that I do know the true meaning of the "To be or not to be?" quote. I do in fact know that he is talking about life and death. However, if you do not know that-they please don't use that line in any shape or form. It's just rude. I however, am a writer. Therefore, I have the privilege of playing with words however I like.
Whew-glad I got that off my chest. Lately, I've been thinking of applying for a job at a summer camp, as a counselor. No more kitchen work for me. I feel like I missed out on the whole camp experience. I mean, when your Uncle owns the camp, when you see your Mom, Brothers, Aunts & Uncles, and Cousins on a daily basis. It's just not the same. I'm looking for a legit camp experience here people. And I'm hoping I can get that by working as a counselor at some camp-in a state I've never been to-doing things I've never tried before.
Really, I just want to see and experience more of the United States before I jump ship and leave it all behind. Make sense? Good. Now here's my delimma. Where do I go, which do I apply to? I'll leave you with my options.
Northwestern Washington. Aka on a small island next to the US-Canada border.
Southern Maine. Right on the lake.
East Virginia. Basically in the middle of nowhere.
Northwestern South Carolina (That just sounds like a contradiction) Near the State Borders
OR-I can aim for one much closer to home. One that's only 30 miles or so from my hometown. Aka the place where all my family and friends reside.
All of them pay pretty much the same, roughly 200 a week. Although some are a bit more than that, if I remember correctly. Half of them are Christian and all of them offer a legit camp experience. 4/5 of them are Coed, which I prefer anyway. After years at the same All Girl Camp, I'm a little sick of girls. I'd rather hang out with the guys than some snotty spoiled rich princesses from the Cities.
Remember-I still have to pay my bills, even though I'm not living in the apartment. I still have to send money for rent and for the other bills, although I think the ones living here should be the ones who have to pay the water, the electric, that type of thing. Because if I'm not using it, why should I pay it? You know? Okay I'll stop and get back to the real question.
So--what to do?
0 comments:
Post a Comment