Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Spotted.

I've been spotted.

I knew this day would come, just not this soon. Why couldn't I have had a little more time? Just a little bit longer to myself? It had to come out eventually, the truth will eventually be known. Thank God its not today. If not today, then what day? Is it better to hide it within my own dark little rooms, with only the walls to listen to my secrets? Or is it better to bring it out, to shine the light on it, to open the doors and parade people through those dark and dusty rooms? They've never seen a human before, let alone let one in. Why should they bother now? "'Cause People need to know." But do they? Do they "need" to know as so many others have put it? Should I let them come in, parading around my deepest, darkest rooms; filled to the brim with hidden secrets that even I've long forgotten? Should I?

They've seen the room. A quick glimpse through the cracked door. I knew I should have fixed that long ago, but I was too stubborn, too lazy is more like it, to fix the hole, to keep it all hidden away in secret. And now they know. Really I have no one to blame but myself. Had I fixed the crack, had I made it a little less easy to see right into the darkest room, then maybe I'd still be here with just myself. But they know. And now that they know, they'll never go back to not knowing. They saw it. They saw the secret, hidden in the darkest corner, crouched there alone. They've seen it, and it saw them. Now what do i do? Do I let them in, do I ignore it, do I pretend they were simply seeing things? Do I deny it's existence? Do I avoid them until they hopefully forget all about it? They most likely won't. The worst part is, they seemed sincere about it all. They wanted to know what it was, how it got there and why it was there. They were honest, and I pretended I didn't even know it was there. At the time I was all like "what room" "I don't know what you are talking about" "I don't know". How I could be such a liar, before such honest people I will never know. For the truth is I do know. I know how it got there, I know why it's there, I know what it is. And yet I hide it. I deny it. I ignore it. I wish it wasn't there. But wait, I put it there. Oh yes, I put it there. I doubt I will remove it from...there. That's where it belongs. That's where it has always belonged. So what do I do with it now? Leave it there obviously. Oh, and run as far away as I can. So when the doors are finally opened and people begin to parade on through. I will be long gone. They'll never know it was me who put it there, who hid it there, who left it there. They'll never know cause I'll be gone with no trace back there. Maybe it will fade. Maybe it will just disappear, hopefully into thin air. Doubtful, but it's always a hope. Eventually those open doors will shine light into that dark and dusty room. And that thing, will it be there? Who knows.

I knew this day would come, just not this soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment