Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Patience

One thing my generation is lacking, is patience. We want everything immediately. And if we don't already have it in our hands by the time we think of it, we get frustrated. I'm guilty of it too. I've heard some of the older folk talking about how we got this way. They blame the technology, and if you think about it. They're right. Microwaves give us food in minutes that would normally take 5-10x as long-or longer. Phones allow us instant contact with our loved ones. The Internet gives us the ability to find information almost instantly. Honestly, it's sad. Especially when patience becomes a forgotten virtue.

Lately, I've been finding myself having to be patient. God's always asking me to be patient, to just wait and hear him out. To stop trying to plan/get everything now and to just go with it. 'Cause we know, his timing is better than ours. His timing is perfect.

Honestly, this blog is my response to God's "confirmation" of the whole mission trip thing. He told me "not yet". I feel like that's all I ever hear, but you know what? It kind of makes sense. Every day in class, I'm learning new things. Things I never heard before. Things that will help me out in the mission field. I'm learning things at work, on how to be patient, and friendly, and how to help others. I'm learning how to be independent and to think on the run. However, I know that I'm not ready for the mission field. Not yet. God was right, of course. When is he ever wrong? (NEVER!) See, I'm struggling to trust that he will provide for me financially. If I don't have this down and all I have to worry about is a couple hundred bucks, then why on earth would he throw me out into the middle of the mission field where I'd have to trust in him for several thousand dollars?

Exactly, he wouldn't do that. He loves me and wants the best for me. Throwing me into something we both know I'm not prepared for-is not the best for me.

He's teaching me patience, and how to trust in him. Thank God that we have a God who is loving and kind and generous. Thank God, that he cares.

0 comments:

Post a Comment